I met up with a friend this morning for a walk around Green Lake. A leisurely stroll as we caught up on people in common, our work and our lives. He graduated last year from my same program and it was a lovely reminder that yes, indeed, there is life after grad school.
I called my mom while waiting and told her where I was. She used to play at Green lake as a girl. My great uncle owned a barber shop right across from the park with an apartment up on top. It surprised her that I was all the way over in Seattle (like its the other side of the planet) and I could tell that she has a whole bunch of memories playing with her brother and sisters along the shore. I think another walk is in order - with her - just for old times sake.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment