I tried to come home last night and explain to A. just why my day was so frustrating. Honestly, he gets most of it - but I have to be so circumspect - no case details, no names, no issues. Sticking to the ethical stance is hard even though it makes sense - but it certainly doesn't help me work through my confusion or reactions.
Enter my fellow interns. Thank-you. I'll just say it now. Even when I'm talking about someone else - I know you know that I'm really talking about my self. And you don't say it - well, sometimes you do, but always with a smile and a commiserating laugh. Because we are all going through this together. Stewing in our own unique gifts and blind spots, learning and trying to maneuver around the obstacles that sometimes look awfully tall.
I've heard some varied criticism of our program lately but I have to say that working with a group of people who have a fairly good picture of my strengths and weaknesses is an amazing resource. Mainly because they help me shine a light on my own process and learning - unlike a certain unnamed supervisor who seems sometimes bent on grilling me on the unpolished edges that I have right now.
Maybe he was just having a bad day
At any rate, it simply didn't matter at the end of the day - I got to whine and and laugh at myself - I got some perspective that was helpful - and hopefully a novel to read next week.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment