We got out of town over the weekend.
A townhouse/cabin up near Lake Wenatchee. Lots of snow to play in. Sledding and coffee in Leavenworth. Our friends who own a cabin on the other side of the lake were there and we had a lovely evening with them - playing games, having a glass of wine, listening to the fire crack. Just driving out of town felt like a burden lifted. The flotsam and jetsam of a busy life disappeared. No laundry or groceries. No piles of books to be read or bathrooms to clean. Who cares about homework when you're on vacation?
A. and I got a chance to talk - which after the week we both had was important. Touching base and getting what I need from my relationships is harder now. I'm more aware of how difficult it is to find the time to actually figure out what is going on! That's new and a tad frightening.
Now it's Monday and the week begins - but at least my head feels like its actually on my shoulders.
Monday, March 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment