I saw my first clients today. Two different sessions back to back.
Maybe not the best idea - just trying to take care of the paper work, financials and signatures was enough to fry my brain.
So, I was sitting in the second session, looking at the couple in front of me and the thought went through my brain - damn, these guys really need a therapist. I swear! It happened.
These appointments were longer than usual - intake sessions that last close to two hours. That's a long time to be with a client who needs the basic assurance that you're gonna work together okay.
Joining and joining with more joining. I got a suspicious youth to talk to me and later, a disengaged partner to smile and actually speak - that seems like a couple of worthy first session accomplishments.
I just don't know what I'll do for an encore...
Friday, February 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny!
E
Post a Comment