I can't really say why I am creating a new website with a built in blog. Maybe it's because I've been fussing with websites at work or it could be that I simply wanted a new impossible challenge for my already tired brain. I'm not sure – which tells me my tired brain isn't working all that well anyway.
Building a website, looking at CSS rules and html code are not intuitive processes for me. Just getting the blog host and my website talking is taxing my skills and going beyond. Like right now – I just had a message box pop up asking me what I want to do about conflicting files in my local files and the remote server and I KNOW that I just did something that I shouldn't have – but I'll have to wait… let's see that status says… two hours to figure out what I did.
Luckily, I have a vision of what I want this website to be. I have a little piece of hope that I might actually be able to figure all this out (probably with a lot of help from Andy and Jess).
2 comments:
I was JUST about to do the exact same thing. I want to build my own site (right now I'm using a template site) and also incorporate my blog. I started researching CSS and it gave me a headache.
I would love my site to have the same functionality as http://thepioneerwoman.com/. I'd like to have different tabs for art, cooking, photography...etc.
Did I see on FB that you are using Dreamweaver? I would love to continue to hear how it's going for you.
You go girl!
I just read the developers comments on hoe she created The Pioneer Woman's website and it's actually 5 WordPress blogs blended onto a created homepage. Hmmm. I didn't realize that. I'm not sure if that is easier than hosting the blogs myself on "my" page. Hmmmmm?
Post a Comment