I saw my first referral client tonight. This client actually showed up and actually wants to come back. I don't mean to sound surprised but this all still feels so fresh. To sit in my office and meet someone new - to listen and ask questions and form beginning hypotheses - how much fun is that?
A lot. I love it. And it simply reconfirmed for me that I love this work. The learning curve has been doable but only because I slowed down and started paying attention to my intuition.
The great thing about this client is that I actually felt prepared to meet her. Not as an expert and not as a newbie. Just prepared and not anxious. Just myself. And, like I said, she's coming back.
This first real bonafide client that I somehow got through the community web of networking that I have been building over the years is a moment that I am savoring. The session was about her, my excitement tonight is about me. And there is gratitude in my heart for the gift of this moment.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Of course your client is coming back. Anyone would feel loved and welcomed in your presence.
Love you. E
Post a Comment