I have officially completed my masters degree. Wow. Add a little pomp and circumstance and suddenly I feel a charge of responsibility and pride. Just the way it should be.
It's been a few days and the moment is now being layered with other important events. I started saying goodbye to clients this week. I got a hug from a little girl who never hugged her other therapists. She said the reason why was that I didn't ask for it - she just got to give it. Ah - the lessons never stop, do they?
I also got a call from someone who might be my very first client for private practice. That feels like celebrating. And then I had fun putting together my own disclosure, fee statements and forms.
Yes, fun. I like that kind of stuff. I really should be working in a non-profit. I hope to do so again.
So this week of officially marking my new degree is coming to a close and I am feeling excited about the future - not only professionally, but very much on a personal level. I love the holidays and this is one of those treasured years where all three of my children will be home.
Off to walk the latest addition to the house... (Sam's whining)
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment