Monday, April 16, 2007

Module Musings

I'm sitting here in my favorite coffee house, listening to music, sipping caffeine and waiting for my massage appointment.
This wasn't my favorite module mainly because I spent the majority of it sick. And yet, I've come away from the weekend feeling incredibly stretched and deepened and moved. I should also add that I am feeling very seen. It was the beginning of the assessment process, afterall.

The difference between this year and last - I'm feeling seen - not exposed.

I'm processing a lot of different pieces of my own personal puzzle but surprisingly, I am not holding onto the sheer anxiety and pain that was triggered on Sunday. My Liosian friends will know what that is all about. I opened the valve within myself and allowed it to burst out of my body - and now, in this moment, my own personal reactivity is almost completely gone. My empathy and heart are clear which allow me to be very present with my dear friend M as she navigates through her own painful life experience in this moment.

I'm holding my own personal pain with a deep sense of compassion - again, something new.

To be continued - gotta go get my massage...

1 comment:

Beth said...

I really loved when you said "I'm feeling seen - not exposed" when comparing this year and last. I agree. I also feel the new skills I've learned bubbling up when things become intense at Module...in life.

Somehow this stuff is sinking in and then I'm saying words and taking new actions that are totally a result of LIOS...and I'm loving that.

Good luck to all of us on our papers. :)