Well, I'd like to think I can rest and relax this weekend.
Okay, I'm gonna whine for a little bit. Stupid theory papers, stupid Chemical dependency paper which includes more time spent out god knows where in the community attending another experiential meeting of some select sort; clients who don't leave when they should; clients who don't show up. A Supervisor who seems to live in Florida instead of being around when you need to talk to him. Eighteen year old freaking out about her finals and an eleven year old who wants to wear 'goth' clothes to school so everyone knows just how different she is - so more people can tell her she's "scary." Which she just told me she hates and wishes she could 'just be herself.' Oh yeah - newsflash - she doesn't know who she is and wants to go shopping to add to the costume layers. A. is working long hours and staying up late. I'm falling to sleep by ten - that makes for great connection time. Did I mention that he sleeps in and I'm up early? Piles of laundry. A yard quickly being overrun with dandelions. Counselors who keep making me feel, goddammit, when I just want to be a robot for a little while.
I want to cook, laugh, flirt with my husband and hug my children. I don't want to read four books on marital counseling within the next two weeks. I want to go hiking, walk, kayak, swim - move my body. I don't want to have to go into the ankle brace that my podiatrist is warning me about because a tendon in my foot is separating from the bone.
AND on top of everything else...I'm PMSing.
Which, for some insane reason, makes me smile and feel like laughing just a wee bit. No, I'm not hysterical. I'm whining and I'm tired but I'm also really enjoying what I'm doing - most of the time. Its the weekend and I have some choices. I also have four other capable souls in the house who are all old enough to take pieces of the burden from my plate as primary domestic slave and cook.
Hmmm....
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh yes. I'm with you on this Jen. The good news (that I keep telling my self) is all of these papers and tiny steps are adding up quickly towards beng done. :O) Then we get to enjoy the "real" pleasures of life....family, friends, moments that matter. I can't wait until December 10th @ 3pm (graduation).
Post a Comment