Sunday, January 17, 2010

Time out

I'm feeling a little lost at the moment.

Balance is hard to figure out.

I am finding myself looking for a different kind of support. Who can just listen and hear my journey? Who can offer advice and wisdom?

I don't want to hear about all the things that are going wrong. I don't want to keep swimming in the anxiety of 'am I doing good enough."

How to just be and let go. To not attach my self-definition to any outcome or process. To continue to be curious and not form judgments or make assumptions. To give others the trust and respect that they deserve by practicing that with myself. How to trust my own knowing but not take a stand about it. How to invite the questions in.

Practice what works for me. Breathe and make a list. Prioritize and keep track of what I am unable to do. Not as a reminder that I am not superhuman – no, as an observation of what it means to be busy and the fact that other hands may be needed with the load that I have on my plate. Even at home.

It was a hard week and if I get anything out of this weekend, I hope it is the ability to catch my breath, take a 'time out' and remember who I am.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I had read this back on Jan 17th. I am always here to listen. :) Love YOU.