Sunday, September 6, 2009

She's on her Way

My daughter left this morning for Japan. She has 16 hours of travel time ahead of her as she makes her way to Kyoto Seika University. Spending a semester abroad is an amazing opportunity for this child of mine and I am so proud of her for making this happen.
And I will miss her - whether she is in Japan or back in Rhode Island where her college is. Either way she isn't here to have tea with in the morning.
I've been overwhelmed this summer with the house full of adult children - there's been a lot to juggle and shift and negotiate. And yet, many of the quiet, contented moments that I have had were shared with my daughter as we prepared meals together, drank tea on the porch and picked blueberries in the garden. Her care and love has been given with such an open heart - what joy it brings me to see the light that shines in her.
So safe travels, sweetheart. My love and prayers are with you always.

No comments: