Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Such Vivid Colors

I forced myself outside this afternoon for a walk. It was in the latest Oprah Magazine that I read that one of the best ways to combat fatigue is to get up, walk or exercise for twenty minutes at least three times a week. I know this and I've been ignoring my body because I've felt so tired. Insight is one thing - getting out and doing it is another.

But I did. Got Sam, the leash and my walking shoes and took off into the beautiful fall day. The breeze felt balmy as it scattered huge yellow maple leaves along the road. The sky was perfectly clear and blue. I could smell the cedars and grass. And yet, the most amazing sight of all was the host of vibrant fall leaves still filling the various trees along my street. Such vivid hues of red and orange and yellow. Leaves spinning and floating down to blanket the ground with faded glory.

I feel quiet - a sense of inner peace that grounds me in the moment. I can look at the mountains and feel the sun on my face, letting the moment be complete without any other thought or action.

No comments: