I have realized something fairly interesting over the past few days: if I want to get my anxiety levels up all I need to do is talk to my new landlord. Turns out that a lot of the things the other practitioners at my site told me weren't exactly kosher with her. Well, not that they were wrong - but she certainly doesn't like to be outside of the loop. It also turns out that the gal I was subleasing from didn't inform her that I was subleasing and never worked the agreement correctly - especially around the issue of insurance. So I'm scrambling to get all my ducks in a row. Thank god I don't have any clients this week. AND thank the stars above that my sublandlord has signed a new lease and is leaving. The space will be mine beginning February.
It was a bit dicey getting her (the landlord) to allow me to use the space this morning - but she found a loophole and agreed. I conjoled, pleaded ignorance, soothed ruffled feathers all the while saying over and over in my head - 'shit! I don't need this right now! I somehow got myself in the middle of my landlord and her other tenants - not the place I wanted to introduce myself from! sheeiit.' Of course then I realized that I had sent out the wrong address for this morning's group. Sigh. Hopefully people will find their way.
It's just a lot of new hoops to jump through that I've never done before. Landlords, leases, liability insurance. Painters, furniture budgets, files, supervision. It feels overwhelming when I have to deal with too many issues in one day. I trust that this process will become familiar and comfortable but for now, it's stressful.
And I get to go to I group this morning. What could be more perfect?
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment