I have the house to myself. A. took our youngest on a little road trip down to visit the grandparents - and I am alone.
With two cats.
One of which decided to wake me up at 6am by making herself comfy on my chest while licking my chin. Okay, so she was purring too - I couldn't bring myself to throw her across the room...
What I love about being alone for a prolonged amount of time is that moment when I notice how busy my brain is. Most of the time I have no idea how many tasks, thoughts, plans and other debris filter constantly through my mind. It's like telling a marathon runner that it's time to stop running, sit down and put the feet up. I can almost feel my brain stuttering - w-what do you mean 'let go? take a break, sit down?'
I've caught myself all morning trying to get out of that imaginary chair of relaxation - and I gently push myself back. I took a walk and then I meditated. I feel the thoughts beginning to spin again and notice them now with a smile.
Just the act of not speaking outloud for 24 hours is enough to help me back out of the busyness and take stock of what's going on around me. I have been living with a high level of anxiety and that needs to shift. I want to reestablish my trust in spirit's abundance - what I need will be available when I open my eyes to see it.
With anxiety comes a feeling of scarcity. Everything becomes constricted, less available, withdrawn or remote. Jobs, success, competence, wellness - all become things just out of reach and I start feeling like I am straining to grab ahold of something that I have yet to really define for myself.
I read tarot cards this morning and pulled out XII - visionary spirit. This corresponds to the Hanged Man in traditional tarot. Surrender to higher wisdom; waiting; listening to inner knowing and taking the right amount of time to make choices that are based on my truth - not anyone else's.
As my faculty pro sem leader said: beware the sense of urgency. I'm remembering that and allowing myself to let go and trust in a richer, more abundant universe. I think I've discovered faith -in myself.
I think I'll go take a nap...
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved reading this Jen. You mirrored so many things that are going on for me. I hope you can relax today. E
Post a Comment