Thursday, September 27, 2007

Show up as a human being? Oops! NOT good enough

So much for that theory.
I get the distinct honor of going back tomorrow and showing how well I can use my intuition in a fake enactment because somehow I just didn't - quite - get - over that bar the first time today.

I'm upset because I am soooo tired of this anxiety - this having to show competency. I'm mad because I will miss Sarah's soccer game tomorrow - her first home game for Overlake. I'm frustrated because going back for another twenty minute role play tomorrow seems ludicrous. And - dammit - these stupid professors have once again triggered my FOO stuff. Can't they get enough? Would they stop playing with me - like a cat does with a mouse? Must they continue to poke and prod and rummage around in my shadow? I AM TIRED!!!

It's also my twenty first wedding anniversary. And, like the loving man that he is, A. is taking all my angst in stride. He even brought me home a dozen red roses with the Thai food that I asked him to pick up. One more day, my dear, one more day...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! My thoughts are with you today. It will all be over soon.

Love you, E